bernie4.us is a URL redirector
–that is, it takes ordinary,
long URLs that are difficult to type and remember and replaces them with
short, easy-to-type URLs that are perfectly suited for sharing on social media,
adding to flyers, writing down at a lunch table or anywhere where you want to
pass on the message about Bernie Sanders, his campaign and his plan to take America forward.
(Want to know more about Bernie? Visit our FAQ.
There are two ways to use this site. You can use links already on the site to
either access an item yourself, or to copy the link and post it from your own browser.
Anyone can do this, regardless of whether they have an account on the site.
If you want to be part of the process and submit links for redirection, we ask
that you create an account. (The reasons why are on the "Sign Up" page.) It's free
and only takes a couple of minutes:
- Go to the main page
- Click the "Sign Up" link
- Enter your email address and a password (twice) and watch for a confirmation mail
- When the mail arrives click on the link in the mail to activate your account
- The login page should come up automatically. Log in using the email and password you set up
- Find a news story, interview, video clip, blog post or other Internet item you think
the rest of the Sanders community will be interested in. Copy the URL.
- Paste the URL into the box and click the "Shorten Me" button. You'll get a shortened URL
of the form "http://bernie4.us/XXXX" where the "XXXX" is a four-character "slug"
- Use this new URL in email, in social media, on flyers, etc. to spread the message
about Bernie and his vision for America.